Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ginger Peach Tea with Strawberries


Sometimes I think I think I'm a genius. I was missing some of the foods that contributed in creating my southern roots.  Sweet iced tea was at the top of the list! When I thought of this drink with combination of ginger, peach, and strawberries, I thought it would be great! But soon, I was put in my place again.  The ginger was slightly too overpowering for the strawberries so this glorious fruit did not end up contributing as much as I had liked.  Overall though, it was a lot of fun drinking this iced tea for the pure beauty of drinking iced tea with strawberries out of a mason jar.

Ginger Peach Tea with Strawberries

2 tea bags of ginger peach tea
Large mason jar
Honey
Ice cubes
2 strawberries, stems removed, sliced

At the risk of being slightly absurd, here is the recipe for the iced tea:

Boil Water.  While water is boiling, put the two tea bad in the mason jar.  Once the water has boiled, pour the water into the mason jar 2/3 of the way full.  Let steep for 5-10 minutes.  Stir in honey to your preferred sweetness.  Let the tea cool for as long as you can, this reduces the number of ice cubes you will need to use and thus prevent the tea from getting too diluted.  (putting the tea in the fridge speeds up the process)  Once you have waited as long as you can wait, remove the tea bags and fill the rest of the glass with ice.  Stir in strawberry slices and enjoy!

You can add some whiskey for an extra kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment